Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009

Well, we had a blizzard in Oklahoma on Christmas Eve, so all plans were postponed. Not only that, but Sydni was not feeling well at all, so Scott took her to the doctor Christmas Eve morning while I was at work. Luckily, they got there before the roads got really bad....still bad, but not really bad. Turns out, Sydni had her first ear infection. This is the sickest that she has ever been. She would not eat or drink or play much. She got an antibiotic and seems to be on the mend.

We normally spend Christmas Eve with my family, but that was put on hold due to the 14 inches of snow that we received. No one could even get out of their driveways because of the large drifts. Scott, Sydni, and I spent a quiet evening at home (well, I say quiet, except for the grumpy Sydni, who was not her happy self due to the ear infection, cough, and snotty nose). We also spent Christmas Day with just the 3 of us and Sydni opened her presents from Santa. She was more interested in opening everyone elses presents that we had under the tree, so I had some patchwork to do.

We ended up getting to do our Christmas Eve celebration with my family the day after Christmas. It was a small gathering at my parent's house with my mom, stepdad, Marla, Haylee, Marlie, Chance, Scott, Sydni and me. It was nice with just the few of us. We actually had some time to visit instead of it being the normal craziness. We haven't gotten to do Christmas with Scott's family yet, since they couldn't get here because of the blizzard, but we will be celebrating with them next weekend. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

Christmas Morning





Sydni got her first coloring book

Christmas Afternoon-bathtime with the empty Coke bottle (no we do not let her drink Coke!)


Christmas with my family-Syd helping Marla and Chance play Go Fish

1 comment:

Reba Weaver said...

I really like all the Christmas pictures. Sydnk looks so grown up on the floor with Chance and Marla.
Mimi